On this page:
Welcome from the Board President
Hello and welcome from the Friends of the Libraries! My name is Catherine Queener and I am the current President of the Friends. I'm a proud Raider for life, as a graduate of Wright State University and Wright State staffer for 28 years. It's a joy to participate in this group! I invite you to join us in enhancing the resources the next generation of Raiders rely upon. The Friends of the Libraries supports the mission of the Wright State University Libraries to provide quality research services, materials, and library spaces for students, faculty, staff, and the Miami Valley community.
You can best support the efforts of the University Libraries by joining the Friends or making a donation to one of several funds.
Some of the activities and projects we support:
- Throughout the year, the Friends of the Libraries, in collaboration with the Wright State University Retirees’ Association and the Wright State University Alumni Association, host a virtual book club. Dates, times, and titles to be determined. Selected titles will be available to borrow from the University Libraries. Please watch our website for details about this and other events.
- We host our annual meeting and luncheon each April. Please join us!
- Our spring and fall newsletters update our members on Friends activities and new events and happenings from the University Libraries. If you would like to receive the newsletter, please contact us.
- The Legacy Book Program is a way to honor the interests of family and friends in recognition of an event or accomplishment, or to honor a loved one’s memory while helping the Libraries. For your convenience, the Legacy Book Program Form (PDF) can be filled out, printed, and mailed to the libraries.
- The Top Scholars Program is funded by the Friends of the Libraries to recognize the top graduating senior from each of Wright State’s colleges and Lake Campus. Each April, winners are selected by the Dean based on their GPA and their representation of the mission, vision, and values of our inclusive University. Books purchased on the Top Scholars fund can be viewed in the Libraries’ catalog.
- Twice per year we award $500 scholarships to library student assistants. Library Student Assistant Awards are funded by contributions to the Campus Scholarship Innovation Campaign from the University Libraries’ staff and other donors, and interest earned from the Friends of the Libraries endowment fund. To date, over $198,000 has been distributed to deserving students.
- In April of each year, the Friends of the Libraries honor the Top Scholars selected by the dean's office in each college and the Lake Campus.
- We support the library staff with grants for research projects, new equipment and technology, and other special projects.
- In May, we celebrate the accomplishments of the library staff at our annual staff recognition ceremony.
We hope these will interest you, and you'll consider becoming a member.
Join the Friends of the Libraries
The Friends of the Libraries support the University Libraries' collections and programs. Members enjoy borrowing privileges to the Libraries' collections and those of 80+ Ohio colleges and universities through OhioLINK.
Your membership supports the Libraries' collections and programs while providing you the luxury of borrowing from an academic library containing a variety of subjects—from classic literature to the latest scientific discoveries, DVDs and CDs, and more.
Borrowing privileges in the University Libraries and participating OhioLINK libraries begin at the Webster ($50) membership level.
|#of Library Cards
|Discount on Annual Luncheon Admission
This lifetime membership can be made in 4–5 payment installments