Dayton Daily News Archive
The Dayton Daily News Archive (MS-458) consists of over 2000 cubic feet of photographs, negatives, and news clippings spanning obituary, personality, and subject files generated by the Dayton Daily News and the former Journal Herald in the twentieth century. The archive documents the local and regional history of Dayton and the Miami Valley, as well as national and international events, particularly during the period 1945 to 1990. The collection contains materials from as early as 1890, although these are sporadic. The collection is arranged by personality (name) and by subject.
The Dayton Daily News Archive was managed by the Dayton Daily News Library staff prior to its legal transfer of ownership to Wright State University Libraries, Special Collections and Archives, on October 8, 2009.
Basic processing of the Dayton Daily News Archive was made possible through a generous two-year grant awarded from The National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC) in 2010.